In April 2021 I agreed to become Patron of a fantastic and essential organisation called “Get Curious (Men’s Health) – Making Men Happy at Home, Work and in Health”.
Operating for over a year and a not-for-profit organisation, Get Curious aims to help men live happier lives whether at home, in work or in their own health and we have five core values:
- Listening – exploring feelings to alleviate distress and help people to reach a better understanding of their situation and the options open to them.
- Confidentiality – helping people to feel safe
- Non-judgemental – giving people the chance to talk without fear of prejudice or rejection.
- People making their own decisions – we believe that people have the right to find their own solution and that telling people what to do takes responsibility away from them.
- Human contact – giving people time, undivided attention and empathy meets a fundamental emotional need and reduces distress and despair.
Get Curious supports men through peer support groups, mentoring, coaching and expeditions (physical and mental challenges) and I have to say I am delighted to be part of it!
If you are a man who would like to be happier in your home life, workplace or in your own health, visit the Get Curious website today for more information or give me a call.