‘Tis the season to be jolly, so now is the perfect time to be drawing attention to your brand and theme your product or service in a festive fashion.
At the moment, your business could be enjoying the benefits of having more eyeballs online than any other time of the year. It’s gift-giving preparation time: Our options for going out are pretty limited and the dark, chilly evenings are causing us to curl up on our sofas more often, so we’re spending more time than ever checking our favourite sites. As a result, it’s now more cost-effective than ever to be advertising what you offer due to the increased (online) footfall.
Here’s a few ideas for ways that you can make the most of the festive (online) footfall and maximise your impact this holiday season:
- An advent calendar is a brilliantly festive way to get your audience excited every day, and you don’t have to do it over a long period of time – the Seven Days of Christmas works just as well as a full (or any number of days!). The offers could change daily and be available for just 24 hours, so this is a great way to build urgency and intrigue about what will come tomorrow. Just by appearing on their news feed or in their inbox you’ve sent a visual reminder of your brand and shown that you are full of fun.
- A sure-fire way to reach further is to work with influencers across social media platforms. This involves sending an example of your product or offering your service to someone who has ‘influence’ online, i.e., many followers. To be effective, you should look for individuals who have a specific network that they speak to/create content for, as they will feature your product or service and give you the exposure you need. All it takes is one positive review and impact will travel as fast as word of mouth. With a festive theme in mind, send your gift in a beautifully wrapped box or envelope, to give the influencer the feeling of it being exciting and wanting to share it.
- Utilise shoppable tags in your posts. These will show anyone scrolling past your ad that something is shoppable, and they’ll stop to take a look. Instagram is now a very attractive prospect for businesses as it dedicates a whole section to advertising and shopping, with lots of features you can take advantage of. By transporting your customers to your website with just one link, you’re giving them greater exposure to your website as a whole and all of the other things you may have to offer.
- Put a face to the ads! Employee advocacy is more important than ever in marketing a company’s brand. A photo of video of a valued employee donning a Christmas hat and explaining who they are and what they do for the company will not only show a personable side to your business but will demonstrate why consumers should want to invest not only in your product/service but the people behind the scenes, too.
- Treat your existing customers! It’s been a strange year for us all, and there’s no better time than Christmas to remind people why they’re loyal to your brand, with a personal touch. A Christmas card, small gift or thoughtful e-card could make someone’s day, and is bound to put you front of mind when it comes to Christmas shopping, or where to invest their hard earned cash next year!
It’s never too late to get started on a festive-themed campaign, and you have all the tools at your fingertips, minus the expenses of setting up a physical pop-up shop or exhibition stand!
Thank you to our guest Blogger Chantelle Davison – Choice Words By Chantelle